It's a very new specialty (historically) and there's little knowledge on the topic.
... which is also why I roll my eyes when people complain about it.
We're doing the best we can possibly do.
Bipolar disorder is one of the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions.
It just crosses over with so many different disorders.
Attention/focus problems that are similar to (though not the same) as ADHD.
"Mania" that might actually be attributed to schizophrenic traits.
Just to name a couple.
I have always attributed my "eating problems" to bipolar disorder.
Could I be in denial?
Who knows.
I just know that I never consciously choose not to eat or binge.
And it's nothing severe.
I'm at a normal weight and I'm in great physical health.
It doesn't affect my mental health at all.
I mean, is it an eating disorder if you forget to eat while focusing on something?
It's just that I've noticed certain behaviors more recently.
It's not at all uncommon for me not to eat "enough".
It's not that I'm starving, I'm probably just slightly under the recommended most of the time.
What struck me was binging.
My friend describes my normal state as "contained and controlled".
I'm just very proper, and there are few things in life I overindulge in, if any.
I'm straight edge, after all.
But the past few days I've noticed some binging.
And I didn't care.
Yesterday I ate an entire box of matcha Pocky.
Today I ate six Oreos I got with lunch (but it would have been more if I had some).
I'm not worried about gaining weight.
I know I'm not going to.
That's simply how my body works.
I think my nutrition is something of concern.
I just don't know where to draw the line.
No comments:
Post a Comment